Sunday 3 March 2013

2013 junior football season finally begins!


 I have found myself rather busy these days due to my Honours degree studies this year.  However, soccer season finally began this weekend and it gave me an escape from the pressure of university studies.  

It was an enjoyable day for everybody, especially the little kids.  Even the refs had a good time (parents and coaches were in a very good mood).  The fun, however, was stopped by rain in the afternoon.

Have a look at a few interesting pictures of the season-opening under-10 tournament at which I was a referee on the 2nd of March 2013.
Coaches and managers being briefed about the fixtures and the tournament structure.
Organizing little kids on tournament day is a daunting task!


Boys doing a warm-up of sorts


First game about to begin

Coin-toss before the first game kicks off




 A discussion with the more experienced referees

Call me "Shuffle"






That's me kicking out dissent very early on in their young careers

I love how youth football is all about improvisation and more about simply letting everybody play the game, even if you don't have the correct kit

A goalkeeper named Lucky who was rather unlucky to be blessed with a leaky Moroka Swallows-esque defence


Yours in football

Thomas Monyepao
Do follow on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment